"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's a part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else."
~ Ayrton Senna
On the track
What I love the most about racing is the competition. Everyone comes to the track knowing they’re going into battle and the number one goal is to try to come first. It’s a dog eat dog world on the track, everyone wants to win; and I’ve always been a hungry fighter.
I get questioned a lot as to why I love racing- the pressure, the demand of toughness, the danger… and all I can say is that I love the inner animal it brings out of me. Not many things in life bring that form of a higher self, if you will, out of you. I transform into a completely different person and as soon as the helmet goes on, I’ve entered a different world. It’s absolutely insane.
As a female in a heavily male dominated sport I definitely tend to stand out. Females competing in racing are few and far between and we are very much out weighed by men. This alone can be intimidating for females to get into the sport, but I wasn’t afraid of it. I kept my head down and worked as hard as I could to be the best driver that I could be and to demand my respect as a driver in the racing community.
Behind the Scenes
My mental discipline and determination to constantly grow as a driver enables me to continue to evolve into something greater.
Whether it’s forcing myself to try new driving techniques or learning different platforms of cars or understanding how all parts of a car work and why certain mods are good/bad, enables me to set myself apart.
It has made me into a very competitive driver, one who won almost every race this season and locked down the 2018 Championship but it also made me into an educated driver. A lot of people have this preconceived stereotype with girls that they should either just be the model standing next to the cars or if they are a driver they don’t know anything about the car or can’t perform well. I can prove them wrong on all aspects.
I work on my own cars and outside of the racing world, I restore and modify classic BMW’s. Racing and cars are legitimately my life.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perserverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
the winner's block:
- Winner of the 2018 Pirelli GT4 Sprint Championship series
- First in BEMC Sprint Trophy races at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park aka. Mosport May 11th-13th 2018
- First in Kyle Nash Weekend at Calabogie Motorsports Park June 15th-17th
- First in The Canadian Touring Car Championship summer challenge at Shannonville Motorsports Park July 7-8th 2018
- First in the BARC Canadian Touring Trophy Races at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park aka. Mosport July 28th-29th
- First in the Ted Powell Race Weekend at Calabogie Motorsports Park August 25th-26th
- Brand ambassador for Stark International All Natural Sports Drink
- Spokesperson for “Canada’s Performance Part Warehouse”
- Brand ambassador for “Grassroots Performance” www.grassrootsparts.com